Faculty and District Partners
Important procedural details and resources are offered in this section for cooperating teachers who are hosting a student teacher at Illinois State University as well as for faculty and supervisors at Illinois State University.
Clinical Experiences Documentation
Teacher Candidates must submit clinical experience documentation in Campus Solutions.
Clinical Experience Guide-Schools and Organizations
(Includes an ID listing of commonly used schools and organizations locally, in Chicago and study abroad)
- Disposition Concerns Assessment
- Council for Teacher Education
- Clinical Experience Guide-Schools and Organizations
University supervisors act as intermediaries between the university and the host school. University supervisors are hired by individual programs.
- Plan the student teaching semester in collaboration with the cooperating teacher and the teacher candidate.
- Provide information about requirements and teaching standards.
- Observe and Conference with the student teacher every two weeks.
- Pre-conference, observe, and post-conference with the student teacher for each visit.
- Collaborate with the cooperating teacher to determine the mid-term and final student teaching grades.
- Mediate problems as they arise.
- Submit final grade and evaluation of placement via online student teaching documentation process.
Student Teaching Documentation
All university supervisors must complete and submit their final evaluation via the Student Teaching Documentation Form through Campus Solutions. Please use the following resources in submitting final evaluations:
- Watch the Student Teaching Documentation Training Video.
- Refer to this handout. There is also an index of common components of the form.
- All documents should be submitted online by required deadlines.
To assist in the process, you may use the following sheet to collect information before entering it online.
- Reminder: Only the online documentation is official.
Cooperating teachers may be able to earn Graduate Tuition Waivers for mentoring our teacher candidates.
School Partners and Agencies
Thanks to the support of our committed school partners and agencies, we have provided valuable experiences and opportunities for observing and interacting with students and professionals.